Quick Coomassie Stain from Protein Ark is a new revolution in rapid 1-step Coomassie staining. The proprietary formulation, incorporating Colloidal Coomassie, is used for rapid protein staining in polyacrylamide gels. Once protein separation is achieved by SDS-PAGE gel electrophoresis you can visualize the protein bands using a colorimetric dying reagent. During this type of in-gel visualization the dye stain binds with strong affinity to the proteins, and the result is a transparent background with blue-stained protein bands.
Quick Coomassie Stain is a pleasant product as you simply pour it onto the gel immediately after the electrophoresis without any further preparations as fixing, pre-washing or de-staining is not required. Watch as sharp protein bands appear in minutes. With Quick Coomassie Stain there is no need to sacrifice either quality, speed or cost for your next protein staining. This transparent blue stain offers it all in addition to high performance with up to 50 times more sensitivity than other rapid and traditional stains.
- Accurate protein quantification, low background staining, linear staining range
- Sharp protein bands
- Resolving 5 -25 ng bands
- 15 minutes rapid staining
- No fixing, pre-washing or de-staining required
- Mass spec compatible, non-toxic, and easy disposal
- No organic solvents, phosphoric acid, or cloudy precipitants
- 18 months shelf life at 2-25 °C. Re-usable up to 3 times
1. After finishing the electrophoresis, remove the gel from the cassette and place it into your gel container.
2. Directly pour 25 ml Quick Coomassie Stain to cover your gel completely (for standard mini gels). Use more stain if you are using a larger gel tray. Bands appear after minutes.
3. Leave staining, while shaking, for minimum 15 minutes or until all weak protein bands are fully developed. Stain intensity is high after about 1 – 2 hours and maximum after overnight incubation.
4. Then, either leave in QC stain or transfer the gel to DI water to remove any background staining and for gel storage. A minimum 1-hour full stain is recommended before storing the gel in water.
Want more news?